Mybeat Interactive Technologies (Pty) Limited ("Mybeat")
Mybeat offers matchmaking services to our customers. For us to be able to match our customers to each other we require our customers, at their discretion, to supply us with personal information that will enable us to better match customers to other customers. If you do not want to share personal information with Mybeat, please do not use the Mybeat matchmaking service.
- full name;
- mobile telephone numbers;
- email address;
- profile picture;
- personal matchmaking information;
- religious beliefs;
- chat history;
- relationships with other users on our platforms;
When you visit and use any Products or functions in Mybeat Site, we may collect the behavioural data and general internet data, including your internet protocol ("IP") address, metadata, location data, date and time you visit:
Use and Disclosure of Personal Information
- A "cookie" is also set on your computer to allow us to recognize you whenever you visit and collect information, like the pages you visit and the preferences you choose. We use the information we collect for statistical purposes and to study how Mybeat Site is used so that we may improve and enhance your experience on Mybeat Site. We may provide such information collected to outside vendors located overseas for such purposes. No personal information is stored in cookies. It is possible for you not to accept our cookies while using Mybeat Site by setting the preference in your web browser. If you do so, you may not be able to participate in promotions, but you can still visit the pages in Mybeat Site. If you would like more information about cookies, you can visit http://www.cookiecentral.com/n_cookie_faq.htm.
- We may use domestic or overseas third-party advertising companies to serve ads on the Mybeat Site or on other sites which we use for advertising. These companies may employ cookies and action tags (also known as single pixel gifs or web beacons) to measure advertising effectiveness; and they are not authorized to use the information we share with them for any other purpose. Any information that these third parties collect via cookies and action tags is completely anonymous.
- We may use Google Analytics or other similar analytical tools to obtain information collected in order to display, optimize and personalize advertisements and customer experience on our web properties that are designed to bring visitors to Mybeat Site, to determine which advertisements you may find useful, and to personalize your experience on Mybeat Site and web properties. We may also use this information to segment, enhance or modify our advertisements and to personalize your experience; and/or
- Anonymous Data. In order to enhance the usefulness of Mybeat Site and our Services, Mybeat will collect data about our customers' use of Mybeat Site, in a manner that does not include any Personal Information. While you browse the Mybeat Site, we note which pages of Mybeat Site you visit and note the IP address of your computer (as all web sites do automatically), but we do not link that address information to your personal information, other than for purposes of authentication and protection of your personal information when you access the Site electronically. The general information we gather enables us to serve our customers better by continually enhancing Mybeat Site based on up-to-date use patterns. We are provided anonymous information collected from other web sites on which we display advertisements that enables us to understand how visitors to Mybeat Site, who were exposed to ads we have placed on those other web sites, interact with Mybeat Site. We may use this information to enhance or modify our campaigns that are designed to bring web visitors to Mybeat Site. You may opt-out of this anonymous data collection and sharing activity by visiting the Google Analytics Privacy Overview web page and following the procedures noted under the Browser Opt-Out and Privacy Center information sections (search for these sites through www.google.com).
- Behavioral Data. Behavioral data is the information which Mybeat will use to serve you with personalized offers of Mybeat and our trusted partners. This data includes your interaction with our Products and Services in Mybeat Site, including but not limited to information searched, transaction conducted, purchase history etc. The information Mybeat gathers is for the purpose of enhancing the relevancy of the personalized offers. All these data will be kept in our secure server and no Personal Information will be transferred to any third parties.]
- Marketing Data. The information we collect for our Digital Marketing business is segregated from our Marketing Opt In Database. Marketing Data may include information on customers' mobile numbers, products purchased from us and our partners, prizes won and redeemed, as well as non-personal aggregated information and advertising program performance data. Marketing Data includes information about your mobile number, usage and top up and billing information
- Matchmaking Data. The information supplied to Mybeat by customers, that is used by Mybeat to match users to other users based on their likes, dislikes and preferences.
Mybeat limits the use and disclosure of personal information to include only what is permitted and prescribed in terms of the NCA, PoPIA or any other applicable laws or in instances where consumers have consented to such collection, use and disclosure.
Unless permitted by the laws or with your consent, we do not use any of your Personal Information concerning the religious, or philosophical beliefs, race or ethnic origin, trade union membership, political persuasion, health or sex life or biometric information.
Retention Of Your Information
Our Consumer Business. With your consent, we may use your Personal Information to promote and market additional products, services and special offers from us and/or our affiliates that may be of interest to you. When you visit Mybeat Site, we may ask you if you want to sign-up to receive information and promotional offers and its marketing partners. If you provide your consent, we may share your Personal Information, e.g. mobile number and email address, with one or more third parties in order to administer the programme and present such information or offers to you. If you do not register your Mobile Number, we will not collect any Personal Information on you while you visit Mybeat Site. In connection with the mobile number and email registration program, our third party email processor may use action tags (also known as single pixel gif or web beacons) to collect completely anonymous information concerning your use of Mybeat Site. Such third party administrators are not authorized to use any such information for any other purpose. If you decide to register to receive marketing from us, you may opt-out from receiving such communications, at any time. If you wish to opt-out, please opt out on our website www.Mybeat.com/optout. If you do not provide us your consent, some features in our Mybeat Website may not be available to you.
Mybeat Customer Service. To provide customer service to you, we may use your Personal Information:
to identify you. In order to process your transactions and provide you with quality customer service, we need your full name, your email address, mobile telephone number, (so we can contact and authenticate you)
where applicable, to create a user account (login user name and password);
- to fulfil your requests for any information which you're entitled to request and access;
- to provide service and support;
- to help us develop, deliver, and improve our products, services, content, and advertising;
- to send important communications regarding any purchases or changes to the terms and conditions and or to advise you of any other important circumstances;
- for internal purposes such as auditing, data analysis, and research to improve Mybeat products, services, and customer communications; and
- for purposes of any Mybeat promotional competitions.
Direct Marketing. We will use your Personal Information for the direct marketing purpose only if you give your consent to us or it is permitted by the laws.
You may sign up to participate in our promotions and receive marketing from us on our website, or by selection of the valid option during and IVR call.
I want to join the Mybeat Promotion for Data Bundle and Airtime Prizes and agree to receive marketing emails and calls.
Mybeat will access, use, process and analyse your Personal Information provided by you, your mobile number, Internet Information and Marketing Data to provide you personalized offers of Mybeat and our trusted partners.
In case you no longer want to receive these news or information, you may opt-out of receiving such on our website www.mybeat.net/optout or by pressing 9 during an IVR to Opt out from receiving marketing calls from Mybeat
Digital Marketing Business. Through Mybeat’s Digital Marketing services, we enable our business partners to communicate with consumers in a digital environment. In an effort to provide relevant products and services to consumers, these businesses use our data and technology to create, deploy, and measure targeted advertising programs digitally. We collect information as outlined below and use it for permitted marketing uses. In addition, we may aggregate and depersonalize data for analytical purposes, to provide reporting to our business partners, and for measuring advertising performance. As a part of enabling Digital Marketing services, we may use service providers.
Compliance with laws and regulations. We may only access, use and/or disclose your Personal Information without your consent in exceptional circumstances. These include circumstances where we believe such action is necessary to:
- comply with the law or legal process served on us;
- comply with requests for information from police or government authorities;
- protect and defend our rights or property (including the enforcement of our agreements);
- protect the public interest;
- act in urgent circumstances to protect the personal safety of our employees or members of the public;
- where applicable, with your implied consent ; and
- to the extent permitted or required in terms of the NCA, PoPIA and other relevant national legislation.
Market Research. Your participation in market research activities is optional. Should you choose to participate, we may use information you provide to improve your experience with our products and services. We may engage third parties to assist us with our market research efforts who may retain non-personal aggregated information. However, all Personal Information you provide will only be used for our research purposes.
- Recruitment. When you submit an application for employment, we use your Personal Information for recruitment purposes only.
We retain your Personal Information for as long as reasonably necessary to fulfil the purpose(s) for which it was collected and to comply with applicable laws and your consent to such purpose(s) remains valid after termination of our relationship with you.
Furthermore, we retain your mobile billing history in our transaction information database in accordance with the data retention periods prescribed by the NCA.
Transfer of Personal Information Outside
Unless permitted under the law or your consent is obtained, Mybeat will not transfer your Personal Information outside the Republic of South Africa.4
Your Rights and Participation
Mybeat aims to ensure that your Personal Information is accurately recorded. To be able to achieve this, we adhere to processes that help ensure and maintain data accuracy. We provide individuals with reasonable access to review and correct their Personal Information, as detailed in our website.
When gathering your Mobile Number Information Mybeat works with our data suppliers to increase their awareness of the importance of providing only Mobile Number Information that is accurate, complete, and up to date. Mybeat however, cannot alter the information reported by such data suppliers, unless the information is determined to be wrong, incomplete or inaccurate. If you do not agree with the accuracy of information Mybeat has on file, we have procedures in place to ensure that such information is verified, and where appropriate, amended or corrected. We however rely on you to bring any such information challenges to our attention.
Unless otherwise provided in any laws, you have the right to access, update, correct or object to processing your Personal Information. You may contact us:
- by e-mail: email@example.com
When you contact us please let us know your name, mobile number, any email address you have provided on Mybeat Site and a description of the circumstances under which you provided the data. We will make reasonable efforts to incorporate as soon as practicable the changes in Personal Information that we maintain.
You have the right to lodge a complaint to the Information Regulator:
Security Of Your Information
- by e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org;
- to the following postal address: SALU Building, 316 Thabo Sehume Street, PRETORIA; or
- by telephone: 012 406 4818; or by Fax: 086 500 3351.
Mybeat takes security and the protection of Personal Information seriously. We maintain physical, technical and organizational safeguards to protect any data that we collect. We have adopted procedures to secure storage of Personal Information and are committed to working with our data suppliers to protect the security of Personal Information during any transfer to or from us. Moreover, we have also instituted a number of safeguards to identify and help prevent the fraudulent use of your Mobile Number Furthermore, your Personal Information is only accessible to those Mybeat employee members, agents or contractors for business purposes and on a strictly need to know basis. For security purposes we then move all of the Personal Information that we collect or obtain about you, including your mobile number history, to an environment on our proprietary network that has controls in place to limit access to and secure the data maintained therein.
On the Mybeat Site, we take precautions to secure your Personal Information. If and when we ask you to provide your Personal Information, we will do so through a Web page that uses the industry standard secure transport protocol. This protocol provides security for your information by encrypting it as it travels from your computer to our computer.
To protect your privacy and security, we will also take reasonable steps to verify your identity before granting access to or making alterations to data we maintain.
We define children as individuals under the age of 18. Mybeat Site is not intended for the use of children and we do not intend to collect information about children through Mybeat Site. Mybeat does not knowingly collect information from children under the age of 18 and our websites do not target children under 18. We encourage parents and guardians to take an active role in their children's online activities and interests.
You must be at least 18 to access or use any products or services through Mybeat Site or become a subscriber of any subscription program entitled to subscription benefits. Specific to our direct marketing service, we define children as individuals age 18 or younger.
Third Party Sites
Mybeat is not responsible for how such parties collect, use or disclose your information and it is important for you to familiarize yourself with their privacy policies before providing them with your Personal Information.